2008-2009 Florida Community College at Jacksonville Catalog
Child Care Center Operations (5794)
A Selective Admission Program
This program prepares you for employment as a child care center director. You will learn about the areas of organizational leadership, financial management, legal obligations and responsibilities, educational programming, marketing strategies, assessment, monitoring practices, observations, referrals and collaboration of programs with families and community resources.
Completion of this program qualifies students for the Florida Director Credential at the Foundational Level. For more information about this credential, visit the Department of Children and Families Web site.
This program is offered during the day, night and weekends.
- High school diploma or equivalency degree
- The Department of Children and Families 30-hour Introductory Child Care course
- The ten-hour module Developmentally Appropriate Practices for Children with Special Needs or an approved equivalent that meets the statutory requirement for licensing
- One of the following: a Child Development Associate (CDA) credential; an approved Florida CDA equivalency; a formal education exemption qualification (including waiver); or a documented employment history recognition exemption
- One course in the curriculum content area “Overview of Child Care Center Management”
One year of experience in on-site child care and educational program administration.
Need More Information? Contact:
Amber Harrell, Downtown Campus, (904) 633-8182
Total Contact Hours: 45
Total Workforce Credits: 1.5